VP Treasurer

The VP Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the finances of the SU, particularly, managing the incomings and outgoings for SU clubs and societies by working with their treasurers.


If this is you, please see the treasurer's guide below, explaining your role and the documents you will need, all of which can be found under Your SU --> SU Documents --> SU Treasury Documents.


Thank you for taking on the role of club/society treasurer! As the sole overseer of your club’s finances, you are required to oversee any payment coming in and out of your account. I have put this guide together to advise you of how to do this effectively and you may refer to it at any time. If you have any questions about this guide, please email myself, Hayley Wighton, on sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.



Any money coming OUT of the account is a debit, and requires a debit form to be filled out and signed by the club treasurer. A receipt/proof of payment is also required otherwise payment may not be authorised. All transactions are overseen by the RVCSU VP Treasurer; debit forms and receipts should be sent to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk. If you have multiple debits, please send these in separate emails.


Petrol claim

If claiming for personal petrol expenses, a debit form and a petrol claim form must be filled out. Please also provide an image of the route, detailing the number of miles driven. Email all to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.

If claiming for minibus petrol, please fill out a debit form and provide a receipt for petrol. Email both to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.


Referee/coach payments

If you need to pay a coach/referee, please fill in a referee form and a debit form and send both to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.



Where possible, please request invoices from companies, rather than using personal funds to make purchases. Invoices, or pro-forma invoices for urgent payments, may be requested by email or phone. You will need to provide the company with the RVCSU billing address:

RVCSU Club/Soc name,

Hawkshead House,

Hawkshead Lane,



Please ensure you quote the club/soc name.


Once a company has filled out the invoice, email this, with a completed debit form to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.


Card payments

You may not be able to request an invoice for certain payments. Thus, where possible, please contact Hayley Wighton to arrange a card payment for you during office hours, rather than using your personal funds: 

- Hayley Wighton, RVCSU VP Treasurer (sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk)



As the SU is a charity, it is preferable that all payments leave the SU accounts directly. More importantly, the SU team does not want any member of clubs and socs to feel financially stressed due to delayed reimbursement.

The SU appreciates that in certain circumstances this process may not be feasible, and personal funds must be used. In this case, please provide a debit form and receipt to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk so you may be reimbursed promptly.


In summary, for online debits the following methods of payment are ordered from most preferable, to least preferable:

Invoice > card payments from SU cards > personal funds



Any money coming IN to the account is a credit, e.g. bank transfer, cash. For this, a credit form must be completed and sent to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk.


Cash credits

For any cash drop-offs e.g. fundraising cash, a credit form and a credit drop-off form must be completed and sent to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk. Cash must be handed in to the SU office to either Hayley Wighton, RVCSU VP Treasurer; Dave Sherlock-Jones,

SU General Manager; Willow Gibson, SU Finance and Shop Manager; or Fuchsia Stocker, SU Finance Assistant, during office hours. Cash will not be deposited until the relevant forms have been received by the VP Treasurer.



If you have secured a sponsorship, the sponsor will normally require you to invoice them. Please email the RVCSU VP Treasurer (sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk) with a description of the sponsorship, the billing address for the sponsor and the email address of the contact. You will also need to create a credit form. The VP Treasurer will create an invoice and send this to the sponsor, and once this has been credited to the account, will inform you of your new account balance.



Subs are processed through the RVCSU website and are credited to accounts on a monthly basis. When subs are paid, the VP Treasurer will email you to inform you of your new account balance. Please bear in mind that RVCSU website sales do not directly correlate to actual subs due to PayPal fees, so please only record the values given to you by the VP Treasurer.


Emergency grants

If you require additional funding following your grant allocation, you may fill out an emergency grant request form and send this to sutreasurer@rvc.ac.uk. This will be assessed by the RVCSU VP Treasurer and SU finance team.



As VP Treasurer I will always there to support you so please do not hesitate to email me any questions or concerns. Lastly, thank you for taking on the role and most importantly, enjoy your time on the committee!


- Hayley Wighton, VP Treasurer 2018-20