EGM and Constitution FAQ
The Student's Union would like to invite all our members to an Extraordinary General Meeting, next Wednesday (1st July) at 6pm to vote on the new Constitution.
This is a fundamental step in our strategic plan and we believe that the proposed Constitution are vital to ensuring we meet our objective of advancing the education of RVC's students by:
- promoting students' welfare and interests
- representation to both the College and external bodies
- encouraging personal development
The changes we have made focus on:
- improving the accountability by changing the Trustee Board structure
- modernised the language by using more inclusive wording
- simplified the document by removing contradictions, consolidating regulations and removing sections that are more suited to being in the Byelaws
Please find a copy of the proposed Constitution attached as well as a set of FAQ's (these will all be posted on the website shortly). If you have any questions that you would like to have answered at the Q and A please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to invite you to attend via zoom, a question and answer session at 5:40pm followed by the EGM at 6pm.
The reviewing of the Constitution is the cumulative work of current officers, an external advisor and our General Manager, with the welcome addition of our incoming President and VP Representation and Communications. We have also had oversight and advice from the College and subsequent to the passing of the Constitution, it will be presented to the College's Council and requires approval from the Charity Commission before it takes effect.
Topic: SU Constitution Q and A followed by EGM
Time: Jul 1, 2020 05:40 PM London
--> FAQ CLICK HERE <--