RVC SAVMA is a society dedicated to fostering community and collaboration among American, British, and other international students. Our chapter hosts multiple events throughout the year including wet labs, seminars, and well-being get-togethers throughout the year. Our members can also apply for grants to fund external costs that are incurred due to AHEMS and EMS throughout their time at the RVC as well as conference travel. As a member, you also have access to all the resources and opportunities provided by National SAVMA, can sign up for professional liability insurance, and travel to conferences such as SAVMA Symposium and the AVMA Convention. We may have America in our name but we are here for all students!
Want to join? You can join us by choosing to become a SAVMA member during your enrollment at not extra cost!
Want to hear from us? We contact students through university-wide emails each month, so keep an eye out for our newsletters and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more updates!
Want to contact us? Feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or individually using one of the emails below!
|Hawkshead Senior Rep.
|Hawkshead Junior Rep.
||Victoria Pyne Mercier
Check out the National SAVMA October Newsletter here:
- Check out the National SAVMA September Newsletter here: https://mailchi.mp/2c61cb41af95/zm92tfex37-4693701?e=8e76b0bbad
- Highlights: Retrospective Conference travel grant (includes ONLINE Conferences), International Experience Scholarshi?p (includes any AHEMS/EMS outside the US), Diversity and Inclusion Grants
- American students are encouraged to apply for the $1000 AVMF Auxiliary scholarship; information on eligibility and how to apply can be found here (https://scholarships.avmf.org/). The deadline to apply is October 15th.
WELCOME Back! Things may look a lot different this year, but our SAVMA team is hard at work to continue to provide you with resources and opportunities to help make the most of this year! Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@RVCSAVMA) so you don’t miss any of the events this term.
We hope all rotation students had a good first week! We missed seeing you in the QMH, but hope our Morning Munch helped things feel a bit more normal.
RVC Chapter News:
- Upcoming events:
- PLIT EMS and Veterinary Professional Liability talk. Join us on September15th at 4pm BST for a virtual webinar with Dr Stinson and Dr Mouledous. They will be covering the benefits of having professional liability insurance (malpractice) through the AVMA Trust during EMS, externships, and work experience.
- ??A £15 JustEat e-gift card, sponsored generously by the AVMA Trust, will be emailed out to the first 50 participants to register for the presentation. You will be expected to be present for the entirety of the presentation to be eligible to receive the e-gift card. Please use the link below to sign up to attend and claim your spot:
- VCA Internship Series
- AHEMS/EMS Travel Grant
- Our annual AHEMS/EMS Travel grant will be opening in October. All RVC SAVMA members will be eligible to apply. Make sure to follow us on Facebook for the application announcement.